Full-Time Virtual Instruction
Polk County District Virtual Instructional Program Information
The Polk County Full Time District Virtual Instructional Program (PCDVIP) is a full time public school offered through the virtual format. The PCDVIP has legislative eligibility rules, expectations and district enrollment procedures.
Click HERE for Enrollment Information
- Students must participate in all required state and district testing programs.
- Students will be required to meet and maintain all enrollment requirements: current vaccination records, proof of residence, etc.
- Students must have a parent/guardian available at home with them to serve as the student’s learning coach and contact for virtual staff. Students will need to spend four to six hours on school work each day. Daily attendance is required in the virtual public school. Attendance is determined by daily submission of assignments and computer access time. Link to Attendance Contract.
- Students will be required to comply with all state and district mandates (e.g. promotion requirements, FCAT testing, remediation expectations, etc.)
Legislative Eligibility Rules
Section 1002.455, Student eligibility for K-12 virtual instruction.–All students, including home education and private school students, are eligible to participate in any of the following virtual instructions options:
(1) School district operated part-time or full-time kindergarten through grade 12 virtual instruction programs under s. 1002.45(1)(b).
(2) Full-time virtual charter school instruction authorized under s. 1002.33 to students within the school district or to students in other school districts throughout the state pursuant to s. 1002.31.
(3) Virtual courses offered in the course code directory to students within the school district or to students in other school districts throughout the state pursuant to s. 1003.498.
(4) Florida Virtual School instructional services authorized under s. 1002.37.
History-s. 5, ch. 2011-137; s. 5, ch. 2012-192; s. 31, ch. 2014-39; s. 51, ch. 2017-116.