Full-Time Virtual Students Grades K-12
Registration for Full–Time students is closed for the 2019/2020 school year.
The Polk County Full Time District Virtual Instructional Program (PCDVIP) is a full time public school offered through the virtual format. The PCDVIP has legislative eligibility rules, expectations and district enrollment procedures.
Click HERE for Enrollment Information
Legislative Eligibility Rules
Section 1002.45(5), Florida Statutes, limits student eligibility for the district virtual instruction program to students residing within the district who meet at least one of the following conditions:
(a) The student spent the prior school year in attendance at a public school in the state and was enrolled and reported by the school district for funding during October and February for purposes of the Florida Education Finance Program surveys;
(b) The student is a dependent child of a member of the United States Armed Forces who was transferred within the last 12 months to this state from another state or from a foreign country pursuant to a permanent change of station order;
(c) The student was enrolled during the prior school year in a virtual instruction program under s. 1002.45, the K-8 Virtual School Program under s. 1002.415, or a full-time Florida Virtual School program under s. 1002.37(8)(a);
(d) The student has a sibling who is currently enrolled in a virtual instruction program and the sibling was enrolled in that program at the end of the prior school year;
(e) The student is eligible to enter kindergarten or first grade; or
(f) The student is eligible to enter grades 2 through 5 and is enrolled full-time in a school district virtual instruction program, virtual charter school, or the Florida Virtual School.
- Students must participate in all required state and district testing programs.
- Students will be required to meet and maintain all enrollment requirements: current vaccination records, proof of residence, etc.
- Students must have a parent/guardian available at home with them to serve as the student’s learning coach and contact for virtual staff.
- Students will need to spend four to six hours on school work each day. Daily attendance is required in the virtual public school. Attendance is determined by daily submission of assignments and computer access time. Link to Attendance Contract.
- Students will be required to comply with all state and district mandates (e.g. promotion requirements, FCAT testing, remediation expectations, etc.)